05 May Rapid Hair Loss in Women
Significant hair loss can be embarrassing, perplexing, and altogether disheartening. Rapid hair loss in women is an issue many women struggle with, but few women feel comfortable outwardly discussing their hair loss. There are different reasons for hair loss in women compared to men, so finding the reason may easily be narrowed down with this blog we’ve wrote to explain the differences. There are several reasons for sudden hair loss in females, as well as some tips to keep in mind to slow the loss of hair, as well as to aid in hair regrowth. Sudden hair loss in women causes them to wonder why their natural hair growth pattern has shifted and how to remediate their hair loss, and with the below tips and support you will be one step closer to getting back to your healthiest hair. The first step to preventing further hair loss and beginning hair regrowth is to correctly identify the type of hair loss you are suffering from, and then integrate the tips proven to prevent and reduce hair loss.
Types of Female Hair Loss
Sudden hair loss in women is an issue many women deal with during their lifetime, and the first step you must take if you begin experiencing rapid hair loss is to determine what type of hair loss it is. Below are three of the most common types of female hair loss:
- Alopecia: Alopecia is an incurable, sudden form of hair loss that is characterized by circular bald patches. Alopecia is caused because of an overactive immune system that begins targeting the hair follicles. Alopecia affects 200,000 to 3 million people each year.
- Telogen Effluvium: Telogen Effluvium is a treatable form is hair loss that takes place when a person experiences a very stressful time. Stress can wreak havoc on the body, and for some, this takes the form of rapid hair loss. To learn more information on Telogen Effluvium and its causes, read this blog we’ve already wrote just for you!
- Female Pattern Baldness: While many recognize the term male pattern baldness, far fewer are familiar with female pattern baldness. Female pattern baldness is a form of permanent hair loss from the scalp which results in the non-regrowth of hair.
How to Prevent Hair Loss in Women
Below is a list of proven tips to help prevent sudden hair loss in women:
- Find hair products that are aimed at restoring hair growth. Many women view thinning hair and hair loss as a very large concern due to the negative impact it has on self-confidence, and as such many companies have begun developing products specifically targeted at helping women to regrow hair that has been lost. It is important to aim for products that contain nutrients and oil known to promote healthy hair growth and to restore hair health.
- Improving your diet can have a tremendous effect on your hair health and growth patterns. If your diet is not providing your hair with the vitamins and nutrients it needs, your hair will be more prone to excessive shedding and as such could result in rapid hair loss. Be sure to research foods high in minerals and vitamins that are shown to improve hair growth and health and then begin eating these foods each day.
- While it can be tempting to use heated styling tools to achieve the look you desire, for the health of your hair it is a better idea to skip the high heat to maintain healthy locks. Heated styling tools cause bonds within the hair strands to break apart, which results in brittle hair that is more prone to falling out and breakage. When at all possible, try to plan enough time to allow your hair to naturally dry in the air and then when you do use heated styling tools, be sure to always use a strong heat protectant spray on your hair prior to beginning styling.
- If you want healthy locks, be sure to ditch the harmful chemical processing you may be used to. This includes chemically straightening hair, bleaching, and lightening hair, all of which damage the hair shaft which results in weaker hair follicles that are more prone to hair loss.
- One of the most common causes of rapid hair loss in women is stress. Try to manage the daily stress in your life by removing known stressors wherever possible, and implementing routines that reduce stress whenever possible. These routines will look different for each person but could range from yoga to reading, to playing with a dog.
- One of the causes of hair loss is suffering from an Iron deficiency. When you become deficient from the Iron mineral, that could lead to anemia. Common things to look for if you think you may be suffering from anemia is if your family history involves anemia, if you are vegetarian, or if you suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Taking a simple blood test with your doctor will show if you lack Iron.
Treatment for Women’s Hair Loss
Below is a list of proven tips to help treat sudden hair loss in women:
- Something as easy as taking a daily iron supplement could prevent further hair loss, but acting sooner than later could make all of the difference. If your Iron deficiency leads to anemia, learn more about anemia hair loss and regrowth with this blog we wrote just for you!
- Rapid hair loss can result in feelings of desolation. To combat this feeling, seek out other women affected by rapid hair loss. Finding a supportive community can greatly help in maintaining a positive outlook on the path forward.
- Biotin: Biotin is an asset to healthy hair because it metabolizing the amino acids, which are the compounds that make up the protein in your hair. Now because of this, Biotin has the ability to produce shiny, healthy and growing hair. Biotin also is a B-complex vitamin, so it nourishes the hair follicles.
- Sulfate-free shampoo: Sulfates can be very damaging for anyone looking for healthy, long hair. Sulfates strip your hair of its natural oils leaving your hair limp, damaged, and dull. If you’re looking for a shampoo to maintain nice and healthy hair, choose any shampoo without sulfates. Your stylist will also agree! The sulfate-free shampoo will keep your hair healthy and full of life!
- One of the most effective methods for dealing with rapid hair loss in women is to invest in a proven hair loss treatment, such as Scalp Med®. Scalp Med® is a proven-effective regimen to hair loss and thinning hair that utilizes a two-step process to regrow hair.
If you are experiencing hair loss and looking to regrow your lost hair, then finding the right treatment option is essential. The first step to finding the right treatment option is identifying the underlying cause of hair loss. Once the underlying cause is identified, you then must explore the various treatment options and products available to find the right treatment option for you. For individuals looking for a proven effective hair loss solution, Scalp Med® offers a range of products that have been shown to halt and reverse hereditary hair loss. Scalp Med®’s unique 2-step process restores lost hair without surgery or sexual side effects. In addition, Scalp Med® also offers a shampoo for hair growth that is able to penetrate and strengthen the hair shaft, while also thickening the hair to restore volume. If you are looking for an effective treatment for your hair loss, Scalp Med® is the answer.
If you are looking to strengthen and lengthen your already existing hair, sulfate-free hair products are the right choice for you! Scalp Med® is going to be here for you every step of the way with your journey with your hair! Scalp Med® already took the time and effort to kickstart your hair journey and 15 years of remarkable results will show you IT WORKS. We are proud of saying that Scalp Med® has been trusted by over 1,000,000 customers worldwide. With our money-back guarantee, there is absolutely NO RISK in trying Scalp Med®! Visit our website to start your journey back to a beautiful head of hair today!
If you have any questions or compliments, please share or comment down below to tell us what you think!